• Submissions must be wholly owned by the submitter.
• Images should be without date stamps, copyright notices, watermark or any copyrighted logos.
• Submitter/photographer is only eligible for the payment only when the image is purchased/downloaded/used by the client.
• The copyright of each submitted remains with the photographer all the time, photographer’s name will be mentioned along with the image on the Detail Page.
• Images must be 50 MB file size in 300 dpi canvas size A3 shot by a 10 mega pixel camera or above.
• Images should be correctly exposed and in-focus.
• Submitter should download the Contract (hyperlink for the contract), agree for the same, sign and scan the contract and send back to us. The images are approved after receiving the contract.
• Submitter should add Keyword for every image. Keywords should relate directly to the image.
• Using a thesaurus to come up with similar words is a bad idea. Submitter should be creative and think like a designer.
• Please check Keywording guidelines given below. Submitter should Images having identifiable person should have a model release.
• Please check the model release requirement as given below under MODEL RELEASE guidelines.
• Do inspect all images at 100% before uploading them to make sure they are free of noise, dust, and scratches.
• Do send full-sized images. Don’t upsize or downsize images.
• Do keyword your images carefully. This is how people find your work. Make sure all keywords relate directly to the image. Do keyword your images in English only.
• Do choose the correct category. If your image cannot fit into two appropriate categories, please only choose one.
• Don’t send images with date stamps or copyright notices.
• Don’t “frame” your work. We don’t take any framed images.
• Don’t send snapshots. We do not accept photos with heavy shadows from the on camera flash. Make sure your images have a clear topic and focus.
• Don’t send 10 pictures of your family pet.
• Don’t send the same image with slight variations on the angle.
• Don’t send dark or muddy travel pictures.
• Don’t send the same image in color, black and white, sepia, and blue tone. Color is enough. If any variation on color actually enhances the image, then you may submit it separately, but we do not want a batch of photos where each is submitted in four different ways.
• Don’t send similar shots when only one is your favorite. Edit on your own. Keep batch sizes of similar subjects down to the bare minimum.
• Don’t submit photos taken from inside an airplane or moving automobile. Consider your composition carefully.
Keywording Guidelines Fill all necessary details relating to keywords in an excel.
Details of excel are given below: Image Name: Write Image number here. Caption: Write the title of the photo here. Title is a short description of the photo. The title will be displayed on the search-results page. It should only contain key-elements in the picture. Keywords: Write between 5 to 50 keywords describing your image. Avoid using unrelated keywords. Try to imagine what a buyer would search for when looking for this image. If image relates to travel then mention proper location. Releases: If the photo has identifiable person then it should have a model release. In this case Model Release ID should be mentioned.
Template of Metadata can be downloaded from the link below: Model Release Guidelines Any image of an identifiable person must be accompanied by a model release. Submissions depicting a minor must be accompanied by a model release that was signed by that minor’s parent or legal guardian. Template of MRs can be downloaded from the link below:
Category Images submitted should belong to any of the categories given below
People Business Ideas Concepts Health and Beauty Education Festivals and Occasions Food and Drink Indian Culture Sports Technology Vacations and Holidays Shopping and Retail Objects Arts and architecture Occupation Agriculture Transportation Animals Scenics Plants Buildings Misc India Lifestyles Religion Mythology
Reasons for Rejection of images
1. Technical Reasons:
• Noise–Noise, film grain, over-sharpening, or artifacts at full size.
• Focus–Your image is not in focus or focus is not located where we feel it works best.
• Trademark–Contains potential trademark or copyright infringement.
• Lighting Problems–Purple fringe, blown highlights or lenses flare.
• Poor Lighting–Poor or uneven lighting, or shadows. White balance may be incorrect.
• Composition–Poor framing, cropping, and/or overall image composition.
• Blurred – The photo is blurred from camera shake or subject movement.
• Similar Submissions–Too many of the same subject.
• Limited Commercial Value–We do not need this image at this time or the images do not meet our current needs or our editors feel the images may not be marketable.
• Poor Subject – The image is too busy and has no distinct subject to grab viewer’s attention.
• Mode Release issue: The model release attached with this photograph does not comply with ImageDB’s standards.
• No Witness on Model Release: There is either no witness signature on the release or the witness signature is not from a third party. The photographer may not be a witness on the release.